Objet has just released its 5th new 3D printing material for this year – the Objet High Temperature Material (RGD525). This brings the company’s full material tally to 68 (!) so far. Our very own Jonathan Jaglom explains the benefits of the new material in the short clip below.
Here are some additional facts about the new High Temperature Material:
– It is the second Objet material capable of simulating the thermal performance of engineering plastics (the first was the ABS-like Digital Material, released in April).
– It has a Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT at 0.45MPa) of 65°C (149°F) out of the printer and 80°C (176°F) after a short oven-based, post-thermal treatment.
– Objet High Temperature material is available initially for the Objet Connex500 and Eden500V 3D printers – and the company has plans to make it available on additional platforms into 2012.
Just as a recap, the other Objet material releases for this year include (from left to right in the photos below):
- Objet ABS-like Digital Material
- Objet VeroClear transparent material
- Objet Bio-compatible material
- Objet VeroWhitePlus (printed here with TangoBlackPlus)