Objet’s slogan is ‘The Power to Create’. Well today creation just got more powerful as the company introduced an expanded range of resin materials. In fact, it makes Objet the only 3D printing company with a range of over 100 different materials.
This means that you can truly simulate the precise look, feel and function of virtually any complex, finished product you imagine. We’ve put together some of these materials in the cute stop-motion clip above.
The 3D printed model cars in the clip were printed in modular form so that we could replace each part of the car with various different material parts. With each new part we took a seperate still photo and then stiched them all together to create the illusion of movement.
What you can see in the video and photos are:
- Different transparent rigid shades simulating water-clear glass to black-tinted glass
- Different gray shades
- A number of different rubber-like Shore A grades (see how the car’s rubber-like soft top peel’s off)
- Different rubber-like colors and transparencies
- ABS-grade engineering plastic (green)
- High temperature resistant materials from white to various gray shades
- Polypropylene-like material (transluscent white)
More details on this new offering tomorrow…